1. Over the years, Ecuador has proven to be an emerging power in South America football and this present team is more comfortable playing in 4 -3-3 formation, this was seen in their 2-1 victory Australia.
2. There is a strong bond of unity in present Ecuador U 17. Eight players that featured against Australia came from the same club, Independiente del Valle in Quito, Ecuador. Independiente has a reputation as fearsome underdogs, which perfectly classifies this Ecuador squad in Brazil.
3. The team had a very difficult terrain to World Cup qualification during the South American U-17 Championship. With elimination knocking at the door, Ecuador became clinical with four second-half goals on continental holders Argentina to secure qualification to Brazil.
4. Ecuador finished with a bronze medal at the 2019 Poland FIFA U 20 World Cup. It is the first time the country will win a medal at a FIFA tournament. This feat is a strong motivator for the present U 17 team to excel at the Brazil FIFA U 17 tournament.
5. The best ever finish of Ecuador at the FIFA U 17 tournament was quarter – final elimination as hosts in 1995 and it also repeated 20 years later in Chile.
6. Joan Lopez, the goalkeeper, also doubled as the captain of the team. Ecuador depends on fast wing penetration from their attackers to cause havoc against their opponents, which was very evident in their 2-1 win over Australia. Forward Pedro Vite is a striker that can damage any team on his good day.
Photo credit : www.fifa.com